The thumbnail version:
- It’s the same principle as designing an effective sign.
- Doing it right can set you on your way to success.
The full version:
I’ve written about the importance of thoughtful sign design if the sign is to be effective. Choosing a name for a new business, or changing the name of an existing business, has to be done thoughtfully too if it is to be effective.
Paul Shapiro, writing for Shopify, recently offered advice about choosing a name for a brand by asking the following questions. . .
- Is the business name memorable?
- Does it evoke the right sentiment in your target audience?
- Is it too generic and therefore unlikely to be ranked on Google?
- Is it easy to type?
- Is it already taken?
- Are the domain name and social media profiles available?
All good advice.