In this competitive industry where adding a product can differentiate your shop from the competition, new ideas should be welcome. One such idea can be found in the December edition of signmedia—magnetic signage. You should read the entire article but there are some highlights to whet your appetite:
- There are two basic types of magnetic signage. There’s flexible materials like strips and tape and there are sheets that can be printed on wide format equipment.
- The advantage of magnetic signage is that it’s easier than vinyl to apply on magnetic-receptive material. It simply rolls on.
- Magnetic signage can be removed easier than vinyl.
- Magnetic signage has its limitations in very cold (-20 C) or very hot weather.
- Magnetic signs (particularly in applications such as on vehicles) should be taken off and cleaned weekly.
- Rolls can be difficult to handle in production as they can weigh well over 100 lbs.
- Significant clients such as McDonalds, Starbucks, Adidas, and Under Armour are using magnetic signs in their in-store presentations.
It may be worth your while adding magnetic signage to your shop’s offering.